Pages

May 11, 2011

Copier-coller

I ve been to Japan in 2009 and have seen there a lot of mouse mats with this wave print. Ever since I saw it (on a mouse mat that i bought)  I really like it. Its beautiful and again my favourite color mix can be noticed.
Recently I came across the photo from Christian  Dior exhibition that takes place in Pushkin museum in Moscow now. I was suprised to see that Dior was also inspired or better say -was in love with this painting so much that he copy-pasted it on a silk off white dress of his creation.
By the way copier-coller (copy-paste) is my new learned word from last week. I m glad it really stays in my head since more than a week already.

Back to the wave.
In fact its nice to know more about paintings. There is always a little story or a bio behind it. And there is a very useful wikipedia, that tells us that this painting is actually called The Great Wave off Kanagawa 
神奈川沖浪裏 (this looks nice no?) by artist Hokusai. READ more about it.

And good news is that i might see a live copy of it soon. That will be my mission. Anywhere you go you have to have a mission.


No comments: