This semester i signed up for Design 4 class dedicated to Infographics, visualizations of informational data. it looked amazing and the work on building up your own infograph seemed exciting. After 4 classes of looking of dozens of bad/good infographs, reviewing Tufte's The Visual Display of Quantitative Information and learning what can be called infograph, I think i started to like excel tables!
Now browsing the web to order to find an infograph for redesign as a homework. I wonder how I am going to do that having experience only in Photoshop and only for retouching photographs.
Illustrator for Dummies, here we go.
Pencils&mark pens, haven't seen you guys seen school.
So far my favourite ( maybe because of patriotic feelings as well ) from Tufte's book:
Napoleon's failed campaign in Russia, showing the number of people in the army on the way to Moscow (beige) and the number on the way back (black). I think this type of infographs are my favourite, as the line shows as well the quantity (by its changing width), the length of the road and the geography.
happy searching to me.
Now browsing the web to order to find an infograph for redesign as a homework. I wonder how I am going to do that having experience only in Photoshop and only for retouching photographs.
Illustrator for Dummies, here we go.
Pencils&mark pens, haven't seen you guys seen school.
So far my favourite ( maybe because of patriotic feelings as well ) from Tufte's book:
Napoleon's failed campaign in Russia, showing the number of people in the army on the way to Moscow (beige) and the number on the way back (black). I think this type of infographs are my favourite, as the line shows as well the quantity (by its changing width), the length of the road and the geography.
happy searching to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment